I’m so done with this planet
she saved two lives and all they care about is her nipple.
this is sexism, my friends.
This is just fucking ridiculous! I’m sure the last thing she gave a shit about was her nipple coming out while she was SAVING HER CHILD AND THEIR NANNY!
Gotta love he fact that the story is about the nip slip and not the rescue. The rescue is just an afterthought.
That’s bullshit. That is a supermom and she deserves all the respect in the world for bring her family and nanny to shore.
Fact: If there were a button I could press to make Sir Patrick Stewart a regular fake news correspondent I would never stop pressing it
Thank you for this.
The answer is NO.
The “fact” that junk food is cheaper than real food has become a reflexive part of how we explain why so many Americans are overweight, particularly those with lower incomes. I frequently read confident statements like, “when a bag of chips is cheaper than a head of broccoli …” or “it’s more affordable to feed a family of four at McDonald’s than to cook a healthy meal for them at home.”
this bullshit fills me with a very specific kind of rage. so, TIME TO DEBUNK!
- that meal from mcdonalds takes virtually no time to acquire AND is available almost anywhere.
- the second meal? that “salad” is lettuce … with nothing else, not even dressing unless its just olive oil or some milk i guess? gross.
- also thats the price of each serving, not an entire loaf of bread, a bottle of olive oil, etc. that stuff adds up which means you have to have a lot of money at one time to buy it all.
- that meal probably took an hour and a half to make, which is a long fucking time when you work multiple jobs or are caring for a lot of people or dont have help! seriously, if you are a single parent of three who works, is spending an hour and a half every night preparing a meal a likely option?
- same with beans and rice! also, you know whats a fucking bummer? eating beans and rice every night because you are poor. ask any person who has done it and they will tell you (you can start with me).
- there is a “nutrition” argument here that lacks a follow up: poor people are more likely to be doing physical labor and need more than 571 calories per meal.
- you know who is less likely to know how to bake or prepare a chicken? people without access to the internet, or libraries, or who werent taught how to by their parents because their parents worked all the time. access to healthy foods is a classist issue and classism is cyclical, you fucking morons.
- seriously, these sorts of infographics make me want to fucking flip tables. do you know why people don’t eat more fresh fruits and vegetables? because fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive, because they take a long time to prepare, because they dont live near a grocery store that has a decent produce section, because they dont have reliable transportation to get groceries to and from the grocery store, because they dont have the energy to plan all of the shit that is involved in making healthy, intentional, filling, balanced meals. basically: poor people get fucked, and then we get BLAMED for being lazy.
- eating “healthy”, aka access to fresh fruits and vegetables, is a privilege, first, foremost, always. so fuck you new york times and your ignorant goddamn infographic.
- there are SYSTEMATIC REASONS that we do not have equal access to fresh fruits and vegetables. they are very REAL problems. besides, you know, systematic poverty in america, the total mis-distribution of farm subsidies is a perfect place to start. read about that, then either get bent or start working on the actual problem.
“It’s Been An Adventure, Mr. Fredricksen.”
“Adventure Is Out There!”
Someone asked me to post these two companion pieces together so it was easier to reblog them.
THIS WAS NOT OKAY
HE’S STILL WEARING THE ELLIE BADGE
I was just going to scroll past this when I REALISED what it was
AS SOON AS I REALIZED WHAT THIS WAS TEARS CAME OUT OF MY EYES AND GRAVITY GOT 344593823 TIMES HEAVIER A PLAGUE ON ALL YOUR HOUSES
Hi guy’s this is Eternal-Violet-Void’s girlfriend, We decided to post this here since she has many more followers than I do. PLEASE SIGNAL BOOST THIS. This girl has been messaging us both non-stop and saying the most hateful things. I don’t know what to say to make her stop so I was hoping to in-list some help from all of you. Thank you guys!
SIGNAL BOOST THIS
Time to expose! Reblog !!!
Urge to punch rising…
Can I murder her with a dull knife?
I’m sad that that you had to deal with this. Too many monsters and idiots in this world. I actually don’t want anything bad to happen to this girl, I just hope she eventually realizes what a horrible thing she’s doing, but it is more likely she will remain ignorant, which is pretty bad in itself.
This should be reblogged by everyone. Even if you’re straight, you should be a supporter.